Monday, February 15, 2010

The next chapter.....



New Schools....
The girls actually started school that first week we were here. Olivia is in Kindergarten at VanBuren Elementary School. Her schedule is different than it was in NY and we are still adjusting to it. She goes a half day on Monday and then all day Wednesday and all day Friday. She loves being there full days and enjoys having lunch there. She's doing great and has made some new friends but still tears up when she talks about Elden and all of her wonderful friends there.
Ava is in preschool at St. Michaels Academy for the rest of this year. She attends Tuesday and Thursday mornings and enjoys it. She has really transitioned well but still misses and talks about Mrs. Mason and all of her friends from her WOL class. She also wonders why she can't just go over to her NY friend's homes and when she is on the phone with them, tells them that she will see them in a few days. Tough for her to grasp how far we really are. Tough for me, too!
Curt is enjoying his new position at Cooper and is adjusting to going into the office everyday instead of being out on the road...
As for me..I am adjusting. Honestly, it was tough at first being at home full-time again and not going to work. But with the girls' schedules the way that they are right now, it works out for the best. And I am enjoying spending this time with the girls..before I know it, their schedules will be too full for mom.
Dog walkers....
It has been somewhat of an adjustment walking Zoe and Riley several times a day. They have been used to a fenced in yard for almost their entire 10 years. But they have been doing really well and the girls enjoy pretending that they are "dog walkers". Except on the really cold, blizzardy days..then I'm on my own. But Curt really is the official dog walker when he is home and I am very grateful for that!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blog you've made! At times I was both teary and smiling as I read about your move and the beginning of this new chapter in your lives! The pictures of the girls are precious. I'm glad to be able stay in touch with all you and the girls have going on in Ohio. Take good care and say hi to Ava and Olivia for me.

    ReplyDelete